The EAASDC (European Association of American Square Dancing Clubs)
is an association of all Square Dance, Round Dance, Clogging and Contra clubs within central Europe. The countries covered so far are Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium, France and Russia. The clubs in Great Britain, Denmark, the Netherlands and Sweden as well as in the Czech Republic and Slovakia have their own umbrella associations.
Today about 540 clubs are members of the association, about 90% from Germany.
The targets we have achieved are
- Support and help in all questions concerning leading a club.
- Coverage of all rights related to the use of music for our activity
- Coverage of some risks through an insurance.
- Ongoing information exchange with other associations within Europe and abroad for the benefit of a further positive development.
- Providing the necessary information by publishing an internationally recognized magazine, the "EAASDC Bulletin".
- Offer further training for club officers regarding club laws and insurance questions.
The purpose of the Association is exclusively and directly the cultivation and promotion of dancing activities in the form of American folk-dance, in particular, of the American Square Dance and related dance forms (Round Dance, Clogging etc.) as a sport for all ages.
Beyond that the youth shall be inspired for this dance activity. It shall create a chance for common physical activity for families and promote and further strengthen the human and cultural relations with other nations.