Dear members of EAASDC
we, the election committee, would like to inform you about the most recent state of planning for the EAASDC board elections 2023. Based on the Statutes, By-Laws, Election Policy and Voting Policy we hereby provide information regarding the EAASDC Board Election 2023.
During the voting period from September 14th through October 19th 2022 the EAASDC Membership voted on the election method – Individual election or block election. The voting method “Individual election” has been selected.
The Election Policy art. IV.A stipulates that the Election Meeting elects per individual voting the Board – consisting of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and at most 5 assessors (Members at Large, MaL) for specified tasks.
Upon completion of all votes the candidates are asked individually in written form, if they accept their election.
Votes are cast in case of just one candidate by yes/no vote, in case of several candidates by marking the name of the candidate on the voting form. According to the Voting Policy the vote is valid if at least 30% of the eligible voters have cast their votes.
A candidate is elected, if he/she obtains the simple (absolute) majority of the valid votes cast.
If this majority is not achieved in the first round of voting, there will be a second round of voting.
If several people are up for election for one office, there will be a second round of voting between those two candidates who obtained the most votes in the first round of voting and the relative majority of the valid votes cast will decide. In case of another tie, decision will be made by lot (Election Policy IV.C 2.1).
If only one person is up for election for a round of voting that is decided by the relative majority of the valid votes, the candidate has to achieve at least 15% of the valid affirmative votes. In case he/she does not overcome this hurdle, candidacy for this office may be opened again (Election Policy I.5.).
Candidacies are to be submitted to the Election Committee. The regulations published here are to be met.
On principle, an informal candidacy is possible. To support this, we will shortly publish a form on the EAASDC website.
Candidacies to be submitted to: wahl(at)eaasdc.eu
This address is active now.
Candidacies may be submitted to the Election Committee until March 11th, 2023 by email or normal mail.
Before the actual voting period (and the sending out of voting forms) the candidates are presented on the homepage and in the Bulletin.
This way, each candidate will have the possibility to present his/her targets. Any other active electoral propaganda is prohibited and will lead to the exclusion of the candidate (Election Policy III.C 4.).
At the time of their election resp. nomination and during their complete term of office, all Board members must be members in a regular EAASDC member club. They have to take care not to neglect or even damage their Board office in the EAASDC by holding an office in other clubs.
For their office, candidates should have the required time, dedication and ability to work in a team and must have full legal capacity. A careful and results-oriented approach to work is assumed, special knowledge for the office they run for is desirable. Considering the Association's European orientation basic knowledge of English is an advantage. PC skills are required for each Board office. Internet access and availability via e-mail and telephone is required for each Board office.
The President determines allocation and distribution of the assessors' area of responsibilities and tasks. They depend on the respective requirements and business setting of EAASDC.
As guidance for candidates, in particular, for the position as assessor, the Election Committee publishes here a job description with the respective tasks at the time of the publication of this election appeal and published in the EAASDC publications.
As of today (as published on the website at www.EAASDC.eu on 2022-12-10) the tasks of the individual Board offices could look like this:
- Management of the entire board
- Lead the entire organization regarding strategic planning and orientation
- Contacts to other national and international Square Dance organizations
- Collaboration with GEMA
- Contact for control committees and, if applicable, other committees and commissions according to responsibility and task
- Contact for Jamboree Committees
- Monitor and update Statutes and By-laws
- Substitute for and support of the President in internal affairs as required and in consultation with the President
- Control and coordination of internal processes and co-operation of the different functions after consultation with the President
- Support of the departments as required and in consultation with the President and the department heads
- Monitor and control the financial standing
- Establish and supervise the annual budget
- Responsible for all financial matters of the Association ensuring the basic principles of commerce and accounting
- Prepare the annual financial statements
- Monitor fiscal basics of the German Tax Code regarding all financial matters of the Association and draw up/maintain relevant instructions and policies
- Establish and keep appropriated accounts and establish/maintain a plan of accounts
- Win sponsors and supporting members
- Contact for the tax and finance Committees
- Receive applications for membership and give support until regular member-ship
- Central registration and maintenance of membership data, decisions, minutes, correspondence, forms, etc. using EDP
- Template management
- Inventory list (after consultation with the Treasurer)
- General secretarial duties
- Editing the Directory
Member at Large (MaL / assessor): Support for members:
- Contact for membership issues
- Support and assistance for members
- Responsible for the execution of member-related tasks of the Board
- Represent membership issues towards the Board
- Friendship badges
- Address labels
MaL Bulletin Editor
- Editing and production of the bulletin
- Edit articles and letters to the editor for publication in the bulletin
- Organization of mailing
- Suggestions for the design and content of the bulletin
- Bulletin Team Coordinator
MaL IT Service:
- Electronic support for all departments
- Central electronic administration after consultation with the functional de-partments
- Maintain modern forms of communication internally and externally such as internet presence (closed areas, forums, chats, telephone conferences, etc.)
- Implement electronic voting forms
- Contact for the IT Technique Committee and various IT-related committees e.g. Webmaster etc.
- Administration and protection of the EAASDC server
If you have any questions or require clarifications please do not hesitate to contact the Election Committee at wahl(at)eaasdc.eu.
Election Committee: Christopf Drißner, Marcus Igla, Dr. Horst Melchinger