Notice in referende to Coronavirus/COVID-19
Re-entry into active club life with dance – how should that work?
Dear board members and dancers,
throughout the last months I often thought, why is there no statement about this from the umbrella organization? Now that I am in office myself and slowly learning the ropes, I do understand it a little better.
But here comes my personal view on this subject:
Corona is not over yet and unfortunately there are still not enough people vaccinated to reach the so-called “herd immunity”. Unfortunately, the numbers of new infections are even slowly going up again at the moment.
Nevertheless, everyone would like to dance again and for this my suggestions, which are expressly no recommendation on the part of the umbrella organization!
- Of course each association must inquire about the local restrictions! There is no way around it.
- The landlord/owner/operator of the dance hall may also have requirements that must be met.
- A good hygiene concept with a clear structure:
- Entering the dance venue with mask
- Wash and disinfect hands
- If necessary, measure temperature without contact
- Keep attendance lists
- Check and document the recovered, vaccinated and tested
- Develop an implementation plan for different scenarios (non-contact/contact sports).
If all these things are well and clearly worked out and the landlords/operators of the dance venues accept them, then I think we can start dancing cautiously again. Of course, that's a lot of requirements I'm mentioning there, but we all don't want to serve as a hotspot for a wave of infection. I firmly believe that we will be better off in a few months than we are today if we pull ourselves together just for a little longer now and live with the restrictions. If that's the price we pay to get back to a life where corona is a manageable disease, then I'm happy to pay it. I am looking forward to meeting you at the latest next year in one or the other Square or even beside it.
President EAASDC e.V.
PS: Please don´t forget to notify your restarting club nights to the EAASDC homepage at „Corona-Meldung“.
Older messages (from March 01st, 2020) can be viewed here.